Re: [SCA Newcomers] Intro

  • Milica of Varna
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 4, 2004
      Greetings M'Lady,

      You have a unique opportunity right in your backyard! On October 16 in
      Rochester, MN, a new SCA kingdom will be created and the first king and queen
      crowned. This is an unusual occurance in the SCA since there have been only
      17 kingdoms created in the history of the SCA (soon to be 18). I would
      greatly encourage you to attend if possible. Don't worry about costume or
      persona. I'm sure someone locally can loan you garb. This will be a chance to
      see SCA history made and you can be there. :-) (I'm so jealous!)

      If you're interested, the website for the event is as follows:
      http://www.silfrenmere.org/Events/coronation/

      If you need any more information, please feel free to get in touch with me.

      Milica

      On Friday 01 October 2004 22:58, Katie wrote:
      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer <sfarmer@s...>
      >
      > wrote:
      > > Greetings! Where are you located? There's probably somebody on
      >
      > this
      >
      > > list relatively close to where you are -- at least in the same
      >
      > kingdom!
      >
      > > This is a good place to ask questions.
      > >
      > > Jerusha in Meridies
      >
      > my apologies. I'm in st paul, MN.
      >
      > Catherine
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      THL Milica of Varna
      Middle Kingdom Chronicler
      chronicler@...

    • kitnish@yahoo.com
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 8, 2004
        wrote:
        > *somewhere* around Rochester (theoretically) and yes it is.

        Thanks! Unfortunately, I already have plans in Wisconsin on the 16th,
        and since I'm the organizer, I can't just skip it! :)

        Tammy