Re: [SCA Newcomers]OT- post office complaints

  • swordfrog
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2004
      the trick tina is in the attitude of the individual...i never said i
      was the grim reaper prepairing for the harvest. in fact it was more
      like a jovial armorer caring for his wares. in fact i made polite
      conversation and everything. it kinda broke the ice so to speak. i
      wasn;t just some number on a route.

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 4, 2004
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, swordfrog <swordfrog@g...> wrote:
        > the trick tina is in the attitude of the individual...i never said i
        > was the grim reaper prepairing for the harvest. in fact it was more
        > like a jovial armorer caring for his wares. in fact i made polite
        > conversation and everything. it kinda broke the ice so to speak. i
        > wasn;t just some number on a route.

        I'm glad to hear that because I'd hate for anyone to think that
        threatening their carrier is a good thing to do. Some of my customers
        are wonderful people and a friendly face goes a long way to brighten
        anyone's day. During the Christmas crush a pleasant customer is a
        rare and precious gift.

        Tina
      • amanda sears
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2004
          Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a stone wall, she does not even respond.

          I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!
          ~Amanda~
          ~Sometimes you just gotta color outside the lines!~

        • Tina
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
            <kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
            > Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
            how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
            be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
            stone wall, she does not even respond.

            Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
            my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
            touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
            close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
            So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
            employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(

            > I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
            mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!

            The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
            problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
            are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
            all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
            get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
            number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.

            Tina
          • jeffnaggie@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
              In a message dated 10/5/2004 5:17:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tina" <danaar1@...> writes:

              >--- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
              ><kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
              >>  Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
              >how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
              >be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
              >stone wall, she does not even respond.
              >>

              >Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
              >my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
              >touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
              >close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
              >So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
              >employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(
              >
              >>  I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
              >mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!
              >>

              >The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
              >problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
              >are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
              >all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
              >get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
              >number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.
              >
              >Tina
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              You know that may be a neat thing to post. If anyone has the time. What catalogs are SCA friendly complete with contact info to order them.
              I know of one ...Design Tuscano info at www.designtuscano.com.

              Neat although sometimes pricey home decor.

              Hillary of Langeforde
            • Marcus Dooley
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
                Is it just me or does this topic seam a little off topic?
                Marc

                Tina wrote:

                > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
                > <kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
                > > Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
                > how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
                > be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
                > stone wall, she does not even respond.
                > >

                > Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
                > my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
                > touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
                > close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
                > So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
                > employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(
                >
                > > I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
                > mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!
                > >

                > The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
                > problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
                > are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
                > all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
                > get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
                > number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.
                >
                > Tina
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                > click here
                > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290hssuh/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1097097474/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html>

              • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
                  On Tuesday 05 October 2004 17:37, Marcus Dooley wrote:
                  > Is it just me or does this topic seam a little off topic?
                  > Marc

                  Probably. I've been letting it slide because no one was complaining, but
                  now that you mention it, you're right.

                  Can we drift a bit back toward the SCA, good gentles? :-) The last post
                  on this thread, about SCA-friendly catalogs, is on topic to the extent
                  that we're talking about places for newcomers to get their first gear.
                  How about next poster on that subject change the subject line for the
                  thread, and take it in a new direction?

                  Not complaining, just "nudging". That's why they pay moderators the big
                  bucks. Well, in our dreams, anyway. ;-)

                  keys fesswise reversed sable.