Re: [SCA Newcomers]OT- post office complaints

  • Tina
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2004
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Briner" <cubsfan57@h...>
      wrote:

      > ----Original Message Follows----
      > From: swordfrog <swordfrog@g...>
      > during the day. i would sit on the poarch of the appartment and
      clean my swords and daggers.
      > . i am seriously thinking of useing this approach when my girls
      start dating....think it will work?....lol

      Hmmm...that's an idea for my girls...though as a postal carrier who
      tries very hard NOT to make mistakes but confesses to still being
      human and therefore fallable, I don't think I'd take it very kindly
      if one of my customers behaved in a threatening manner. Nor would I
      have to deliver their mail if I felt I was in danger.

      Tina
    • swordfrog
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2004
        the trick tina is in the attitude of the individual...i never said i
        was the grim reaper prepairing for the harvest. in fact it was more
        like a jovial armorer caring for his wares. in fact i made polite
        conversation and everything. it kinda broke the ice so to speak. i
        wasn;t just some number on a route.

        > during the day. i would sit on the poarch of the appartment and
        clean my swords and daggers.
        > . i am seriously thinking of useing this approach when my girls
        start dating....think it will work?....lol

        Hmmm...that's an idea for my girls...though as a postal carrier who
        tries very hard NOT to make mistakes but confesses to still being
        human and therefore fallable, I don't think I'd take it very kindly
        if one of my customers behaved in a threatening manner. Nor would I
        have to deliver their mail if I felt I was in danger.

        Tina

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        swordfrog
      • Tina
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2004
          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, swordfrog <swordfrog@g...> wrote:
          > the trick tina is in the attitude of the individual...i never said i
          > was the grim reaper prepairing for the harvest. in fact it was more
          > like a jovial armorer caring for his wares. in fact i made polite
          > conversation and everything. it kinda broke the ice so to speak. i
          > wasn;t just some number on a route.

          I'm glad to hear that because I'd hate for anyone to think that
          threatening their carrier is a good thing to do. Some of my customers
          are wonderful people and a friendly face goes a long way to brighten
          anyone's day. During the Christmas crush a pleasant customer is a
          rare and precious gift.

          Tina
        • amanda sears
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 4, 2004
            Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a stone wall, she does not even respond.

            I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!
            ~Amanda~
            ~Sometimes you just gotta color outside the lines!~

          • Tina
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
              <kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
              > Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
              how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
              be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
              stone wall, she does not even respond.

              Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
              my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
              touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
              close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
              So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
              employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(

              > I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
              mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!

              The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
              problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
              are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
              all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
              get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
              number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.

              Tina
            • jeffnaggie@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
                In a message dated 10/5/2004 5:17:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tina" <danaar1@...> writes:

                >--- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
                ><kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
                >>  Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
                >how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
                >be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
                >stone wall, she does not even respond.
                >>

                >Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
                >my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
                >touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
                >close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
                >So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
                >employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(
                >
                >>  I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
                >mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!
                >>

                >The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
                >problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
                >are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
                >all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
                >get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
                >number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.
                >
                >Tina
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                You know that may be a neat thing to post. If anyone has the time. What catalogs are SCA friendly complete with contact info to order them.
                I know of one ...Design Tuscano info at www.designtuscano.com.

                Neat although sometimes pricey home decor.

                Hillary of Langeforde
              • Marcus Dooley
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
                  Is it just me or does this topic seam a little off topic?
                  Marc

                  Tina wrote:

                  > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
                  > <kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
                  > > Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
                  > how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
                  > be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
                  > stone wall, she does not even respond.
                  > >

                  > Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
                  > my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
                  > touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
                  > close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
                  > So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
                  > employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(
                  >
                  > > I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
                  > mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!
                  > >

                  > The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
                  > problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
                  > are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
                  > all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
                  > get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
                  > number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.
                  >
                  > Tina
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  > click here
                  > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290hssuh/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1097097474/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html>

                • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
                    On Tuesday 05 October 2004 17:37, Marcus Dooley wrote:
                    > Is it just me or does this topic seam a little off topic?
                    > Marc

                    Probably. I've been letting it slide because no one was complaining, but
                    now that you mention it, you're right.

                    Can we drift a bit back toward the SCA, good gentles? :-) The last post
                    on this thread, about SCA-friendly catalogs, is on topic to the extent
                    that we're talking about places for newcomers to get their first gear.
                    How about next poster on that subject change the subject line for the
                    thread, and take it in a new direction?

                    Not complaining, just "nudging". That's why they pay moderators the big
                    bucks. Well, in our dreams, anyway. ;-)

                    keys fesswise reversed sable.