Re: [SCA Newcomers] Intro

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 2, 2004
      On Friday 01 October 2004 22:58, Katie wrote:
      > my apologies. I'm in st paul, MN.

      Ahhh! You, my good lady, live in *very* exciting times! And I mean that in
      a GOOD way!

      You are currently part of the Principality of Northshield, which is a very
      large division of the Middle Kingdom. In just a couple of short weeks,
      however, the Principality of Northshield will formally split from the
      Middle Kingdom to become the brand-new Kingdom of Northshield. This will
      take place at a ceremony that will be among the most grand and spectacular
      you could ever hope to see in the SCA. You are right in the midst of it,
      and this is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness something
      magical!

      The most wonderful part of this, for you, is that the First Coronation event
      is happening right in your backyard, practically speaking, at Rochester MN.
      Here is a web link to the event info:

      http://www.silfrenmere.org/Events/coronation/

      People will be flying in from all around the world to attend this event, but
      you live only an hour or two away from it.

      My suggestion is that you try to get in contact with your local group right
      away, arrange to make, buy, or borrow some garb (needn't be anything elaborate),
      and do whatever you have to do to get to this event. You really, really, REALLY
      don't want to miss this. :-) My lady and I live in eastern Ohio, and we are
      gnashing our teeth that we can't get the days off work to drive out there for
      this wonderful happening.

      Here is the contact information for three groups in your vicinity:

      Nordskogen (Barony)
      Owen Alun (Ben Tucker)
      Bloomington, MN
      btuck@...
      http://www.minstrel.com/nordskogen/

      Nordleigh (Canton of Nordskogen)
      Elisaeida (Dana Hagengruber)
      Northfield, MN

      Tor Aerie (College of Nordskogen)
      Nezhka Petrovna Rostovskaya (Margaret Broz)
      Minneapolis, MNbroz@...
      http://www.tc.umn.edu/~sca/

      Rockhaven (Shire)
      Ciara (Mary Jane Thillen)
      Minneapolis, MNqueen_frizzle@...
      http://www.shireofrockhaven.org/

      I'm sorry there is no email or web address for the second one -- I'm the
      person who maintains the Middle Kingdom database, and unfortunately not all
      the local Seneschals (chapter presidents) have email, and not all groups
      have a web site yet. The second and third groups are indented because they
      are part of the first group, which is a Barony. So if you live closest to
      Nordleigh, contact the Seneschal of Nordskogen to get her contact info, or
      write to me off-list (I *have* a phone number for Elisaeida, but don't want
      to publish it on a Yahoo list).

      The full group contact listing is here:

      http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/

      Select the "Northshield" menu item near the top of the page.

      I hope I haven't scared you with all this information, or my urgings to go
      to the Kingdom creation event, but I know that you'll be very glad you did,
      if you are able to make it.

      Kind regards, and a warm welcome!

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • kitnish@yahoo.com
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 8, 2004
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer <sfarmer@s...>
        wrote:
        > *somewhere* around Rochester (theoretically) and yes it is.

        Thanks! Unfortunately, I already have plans in Wisconsin on the 16th,
        and since I'm the organizer, I can't just skip it! :)

        Tammy