Re: [SCA Newcomers] Intro

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 1, 2004
      On Friday 01 October 2004 20:38, Katie wrote:
      > I'm not a paying SCA member yet, acctually i just found out about
      > the SCA about a week or two ago. I'm really interested in it though,
      > but I dont have much of an idea about where to start. I have a rough
      > idea about starting a persona & i have an idea about a name
      > (Margueritte) no idea about surnames though. I'm not sure what else
      > to add, so I'll leave it at that for now.
      >
      > Catherine

      Greetings, M'Lady, and welcome!

      If you have a working name (not necessarily permanent...you can change it
      later if you want) and the beginnings of a persona, then you are actually
      well along your way. :-)

      For starters, can you give us an idea where you live, so that we can help
      you get connected with your nearest local branch? We don't need an exact
      street address...just city, state or province, and country.

      Once we know that, chances are good that someone on the list will pipe up
      and say, "Hi! You live close to me! How can I help?"

      Kind regards,

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • kitnish@yahoo.com
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 8, 2004
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer <sfarmer@s...>
        wrote:
        > *somewhere* around Rochester (theoretically) and yes it is.

        Thanks! Unfortunately, I already have plans in Wisconsin on the 16th,
        and since I'm the organizer, I can't just skip it! :)

        Tammy