Re: [SCA Newcomers] Introduction

  • amanda sears
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 26, 2004
      Very interesting on how you are choosing your personas. I also kind of was looking at my heritage for ideas. My great Grandmother was Irish so I was interested in that. The other side of my family has french heritage and I am just not interested in that culture at all. My husband is a mess of Polish, English, and Scottish and he likes Scottish history so I was leaning toward a Scottish persona as well. Research has been my middle name lately and from that I will eventually have a persona.
      ~Amanda~

    • Sarah Krans
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 28 6:05 AM
        Actually, you can directly compare (placing the fabric under the
        yarn/colour swatches which are hand dyed with natural dyes) and tell
        which colours are able to be reproduced with natural dyes despite the
        fabric actually being dyed with synthetic dyes. There is a noticable
        difference between colours that can ONLY be achieved synthetically and
        those that can be achieved through natural means. Keep in mind, though
        that there are quite a few colours available today which are achieved
        synthetically but can be achieved naturally - sorry if that is
        confusing.

        Sarah