Re: [SCA Newcomers]OT- post office complaints

  • amanda sears
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 26, 2004
      Didn't the Post office person think it might be a bad idea to argue with a person who got a knife in the mail? He he he! I can tell you that we have had several frustrating things happen with the post office and we have made several complaints and nothing gets done about the problems, and they wonder why people are using electronic mail for everything! Now tell me this, when you have a package and on it is DO NOT BEND would you jam the package side ways into a small locker mail box and fold it in half? That is just one of the many things our mail carrier has done to anger us. She ruined my husband's comic book he ordered! She was lucky it was not a big money book! Oh and there was the time they delivered a registered mail package to our questionable neighbors who thankfully were honest for once and returned it to us. The next day the post office called and told us they were sorry but they seemed to have lost a package that was meant for us. I told her that thankfully it was given to our neighbors and they were kind enough to give it to us. Grrrrrrr!
      ~Amanda~

    • swordfrog
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 28, 2004
        i have found a way to remedy this situation. whilest living in an appt
        complex some years ago we too had troubles with the mail. i was
        working graveyards so i was able to be home when the mail arrived
        during the day. i would sit on the poarch of the appartment and clean
        my swords and daggers. (rust the constant battle) not to mention the
        sharpening. each day for weeks i would greet the mail carrier with a
        happy hello and wave and then return to sharpening or honing. after a
        short while we noticed many changes. like the neighbors gave us wide
        burth and our mail was for the most part on time and in mint
        condition. there was one day where i watched our carrier run to our
        appt first just to make sure we got our mail as scheduled. i am
        seriously thinking of useing this approach when my girls start
        dating....think it will work?....lol

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        swordfrog
      • Lisa Briner
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 29, 2004
          ----Original Message Follows----
          From: swordfrog <swordfrog@...>
          during the day. i would sit on the poarch of the appartment and clean
          my swords and daggers.
          . i am
          seriously thinking of useing this approach when my girls start
          dating....think it will work?....lol

          Not a bad idea! My dad used to clean his guns while entertaining my dates
          who were waiting for me to get ready!

          Ysabel
        • amanda sears
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 29, 2004
            <<<i am
            seriously thinking of useing this approach when my girls start
            dating....think it will work?....lol>>>

            My father used to clean his many guns when I had a boyfriend over, once he took my boyfriend and his friend in to look at his gun collection, I am pretty sure it was a hint.
            My husband and I have one daughter among three sons and he says his current job working at a fire arm manufacturer will come in handy in about 12 years when our daughter is around dating age.
            Too bad my mailbox is down the road from us (private dirt road) or I would get myself some swords to polish! HA!
            ~Amanda~
            ~Sometimes you just gotta color outside the lines!~

          • Tina
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2004
              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Briner" <cubsfan57@h...>
              wrote:

              > ----Original Message Follows----
              > From: swordfrog <swordfrog@g...>
              > during the day. i would sit on the poarch of the appartment and
              clean my swords and daggers.
              > . i am seriously thinking of useing this approach when my girls
              start dating....think it will work?....lol

              Hmmm...that's an idea for my girls...though as a postal carrier who
              tries very hard NOT to make mistakes but confesses to still being
              human and therefore fallable, I don't think I'd take it very kindly
              if one of my customers behaved in a threatening manner. Nor would I
              have to deliver their mail if I felt I was in danger.

              Tina
            • swordfrog
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 3, 2004
                the trick tina is in the attitude of the individual...i never said i
                was the grim reaper prepairing for the harvest. in fact it was more
                like a jovial armorer caring for his wares. in fact i made polite
                conversation and everything. it kinda broke the ice so to speak. i
                wasn;t just some number on a route.

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 4, 2004
                  --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, swordfrog <swordfrog@g...> wrote:
                  > the trick tina is in the attitude of the individual...i never said i
                  > was the grim reaper prepairing for the harvest. in fact it was more
                  > like a jovial armorer caring for his wares. in fact i made polite
                  > conversation and everything. it kinda broke the ice so to speak. i
                  > wasn;t just some number on a route.

                  I'm glad to hear that because I'd hate for anyone to think that
                  threatening their carrier is a good thing to do. Some of my customers
                  are wonderful people and a friendly face goes a long way to brighten
                  anyone's day. During the Christmas crush a pleasant customer is a
                  rare and precious gift.

                  Tina
                • amanda sears
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 4, 2004
                    Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a stone wall, she does not even respond.

                    I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
                      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
                      <kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
                      > Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
                      how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
                      be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
                      stone wall, she does not even respond.

                      Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
                      my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
                      touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
                      close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
                      So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
                      employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(

                      > I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
                      mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!

                      The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
                      problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
                      are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
                      all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
                      get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
                      number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.

                      Tina
                    • jeffnaggie@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
                        In a message dated 10/5/2004 5:17:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tina" <danaar1@...> writes:

                        >--- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
                        ><kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
                        >>  Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
                        >how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
                        >be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
                        >stone wall, she does not even respond.
                        >>

                        >Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
                        >my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
                        >touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
                        >close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
                        >So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
                        >employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(
                        >
                        >>  I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
                        >mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!
                        >>

                        >The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
                        >problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
                        >are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
                        >all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
                        >get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
                        >number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.
                        >
                        >Tina
                        >

                        >Yahoo! Groups Links

                        You know that may be a neat thing to post. If anyone has the time. What catalogs are SCA friendly complete with contact info to order them.
                        I know of one ...Design Tuscano info at www.designtuscano.com.

                        Neat although sometimes pricey home decor.

                        Hillary of Langeforde
                      • Marcus Dooley
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
                          Is it just me or does this topic seam a little off topic?
                          Marc

                          Tina wrote:

                          > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amanda sears"
                          > <kissesmomof4@m...> wrote:
                          > > Tina, a pleasant carrier is also a precious gift. You do not know
                          > how I wish that we had a carrier who even knew how to smile. Try and
                          > be friendly to this woman and it is like trying to be friendly to a
                          > stone wall, she does not even respond.
                          > >

                          > Ick, sorry to hear you have a bad one. Carriers like that do not make
                          > my job any easier. The post office is the one organization that
                          > touches everybody's life. The government is there but not on such a
                          > close personal level. You receive mail Mon-Sat unless it's a holiday.
                          > So it's something everyone can relate to and it only takes one bad
                          > employee to really mess things up for the rest of us. :(
                          >
                          > > I can imagine that the holidays must be a stressful time to be a
                          > mail carrier!!! OUCH, all those cards!!!
                          > >

                          > The cards are easy, it's the catalogs and packages that are a
                          > problem. As a rural carrier I have to use my own vehicle and there
                          > are days when it's just not big enough. But the fun part is seeing
                          > all the catalogs. :) I have a few SCA members on my route and they
                          > get the neatest catalogs. If I have time, I always jot down the
                          > number or website address so I can get a copy for myself.
                          >
                          > Tina
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                          > click here
                          > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290hssuh/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1097097474/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html>

                        • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 5, 2004
                            On Tuesday 05 October 2004 17:37, Marcus Dooley wrote:
                            > Is it just me or does this topic seam a little off topic?
                            > Marc

                            Probably. I've been letting it slide because no one was complaining, but
                            now that you mention it, you're right.

                            Can we drift a bit back toward the SCA, good gentles? :-) The last post
                            on this thread, about SCA-friendly catalogs, is on topic to the extent
                            that we're talking about places for newcomers to get their first gear.
                            How about next poster on that subject change the subject line for the
                            thread, and take it in a new direction?

                            Not complaining, just "nudging". That's why they pay moderators the big
                            bucks. Well, in our dreams, anyway. ;-)

                            keys fesswise reversed sable.