Re: Ridiculously long fiction - yes it is off topic, but...

  • fenix9
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 23, 2004
      Thanks for the info, but I am already into the Cylce of Ice and Fire.
      I am also incredibly angry that A Feast For Crows release date got
      backed up again. I know it's an established, but I do highly
      recommend the Wheel of Time, out of Robert Jordan. A little heavy on
      magic, but decent.

      For all the would be assassins out there, I recommend Steven Brusts
      Taltos (pronounced Taltosh) series. Also, one of the few series I
      have every seen with almost accurate fencing descriptions, and one of
      the books starts with "No shit, there I was...."

      Gotta Love it

      Buta the Wanderer

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Tirloch O'Riordain"
      <tirloch@t...> wrote:
      > fenix9 wrote:
      >
      > > Very nice, I see I'm not the only one reading ridiculously long
      > > fiction. Thanks for the info on Butrus, I'll follow up from here.
      >

      > When I read that the first thing I thought of was Battlefield
      Earth...it
      > qualifies as ridiculous, and as long, or as I always tell people...
      it
      > is a 200 page novel crammed into 1200 pages. :-)
      >
      > If you like good long fiction you should check out R.R.Martin's
      series
      > (3 books out, fourth on the way). The first book is a Game of
      Thrones.