Dance music question

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2004
      OK, I was at a dance practice yesterday and we danced to a song "If
      All the World Were Paper." The dance master said he was trying to
      get the words for it. Does anyone know where I can get the words,
      or if anyone has the words, can they give them to me?

      William
    • swordfrog
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2004
        ok here is what i found online.
        http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/lod/vol3/if_all_the_world.html
        One interpretation can be found in Millar's Elizabethan Country
        Dances. He found an old children's rhyme:

        If all the world were paper and all the water ink,
        If all the trees were bread and cheese,
        What would I have to drink?

        OK, I was at a dance practice yesterday and we danced to a song "If
        All the World Were Paper." The dance master said he was trying to
        get the words for it. Does anyone know where I can get the words,
        or if anyone has the words, can they give them to me?

        William

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        swordfrog
      • chemistbb3
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2004
          That is the dance song, but there are more words I heard at least a
          second verse on the chorus). It is suppose to be a form of carol
          (like Christmas Carols) that can be sung during the dance so that
          instumental music is not needed.

          William

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, swordfrog <swordfrog@g...>
          wrote:
          > ok here is what i found online.
          > http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/lod/vol3/if_all_the_world.html
          > One interpretation can be found in Millar's Elizabethan Country
          > Dances. He found an old children's rhyme:
          >
          > If all the world were paper and all the water ink,
          > If all the trees were bread and cheese,
          > What would I have to drink?

          Service.