Re: [SCA Newcomers] Politics

  • Francisco Acero
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7 6:10 PM
      if they specifically requested all the members of your barony, it is very likely that they are not doing anything bad. But it is most likely them keeping a surprise that they feel that the populace of your area would like to see. Your are not going to give mortal offence if you do not go (after all, your mundane life does come first). It may be something you wish to witness as well.

      Francisco Acero, AoA
      (who feels like being a newbie was such a long time ago)

      becca_price <becca_price@...> wrote:
      It probably would be best if someone answered this off-list for me...

      I just got a note saying that the King and Queen of the Middle Kingdom
      would like everyone in the North Woods Barony to attend a specific
      event this weekend. I wasn't planning to go, and I'm not really sure
      what it's all about... but I'm just not sure whether I should attend
      or not. On the not side is that I don't think there will be anything
      for my kids to do there; on the go side is that if it's important
      enough for the King and Queen to make the request that everyone
      possible attend, maybe I should... on the other hand, as a newcomer, I
      don't know that I'd have anything to contribute or that it would
      really affect me all that much.

      any advice? Thanks!

      -Becca
      Elen ap Rhys