Re: [SCA Newcomers] New arrival

  • william_of_crioch_branach
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 4, 2004
      Noble Friend Justin:
      Forsake thy "evil grin" for a kind thought can ne'er be deemed
      sinister.
      My knowledge of the SCA and Midrealm is at this time slight and
      therefore I would doubt being of my use in any "official" role.
      I would however be interested in helping and learning more about
      the role of Chronicler and in what why I might assist SCAtoday.net.
      At some point when my knowledge of this realm suffices, I would be
      willing to consider a Chronicler role.
      Never fear Lady Milica, I would not seek to usurp your interest
      in the Chronicler post. I've been a journalist for 35 years and am
      not looking for a new job, just to learn more of this mythic realm.
      Good cheer to all.
      -- william of crioch branach

      <justin@4...> wrote:
      > On Wednesday 01 September 2004 18:52, william_of_crioch_branach
      wrote:
      > > william is a scribe which corresponds to my modern-day
      occupation of
      > > journalist in Kankakee, Illinois.
      >
      > [SHAMELESS_PLUG]
      > Journalist, eh? Hmmmm...... (evil grin spreads across Justin's
      face...)

    • Milica of Varna
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 7, 2004
        Ha! Good m'lord,

        Usurp away. My tenure will be over in January and I can go back to being a
        simple seneschal and newswire editor. ;-)

        Seriously, if you have any interest in chroncling, please contact me and I'll
        answer what questions I can.

        Milica

        On Saturday 04 September 2004 19:36, william_of_crioch_branach wrote:
        > Never fear Lady Milica, I would not seek to usurp your interest
        > in the Chronicler post. I've been a journalist for 35 years and am
        > not looking for a new job, just to learn more of this mythic realm.
        >    Good cheer to all.
        >  -- william of crioch branach

        THL Milica of Varna
        Middle Kingdom Chronicler
        chronicler@...

      • william_of_crioch_branach
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 7, 2004
          Salutations Lady Milica;
          Your kind offer does honor to one such as I, so unlearned in the
          ways of the Dream.
          Methinks in the months remaining in your tenure my knowledge of
          SCA ways and wit will grow sufficient to ask the questions you
          propose.
          For now I will treasure your kind thoughts on my behalf.
          -- william of crioch branach

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Milica of Varna <milica@4...>

          *****************

          > THL Milica of Varna
          > Middle Kingdom Chronicler
          > chronicler@m...

          *****************
        • Milica of Varna
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 9, 2004
            Good m'lord, and know that if I can answer them I gladly will!

            Hope to meet you soon.

            Milica

            On Tuesday 07 September 2004 23:33, william_of_crioch_branach wrote:
            > Salutations Lady Milica;
            >    Your kind offer does honor to one such as I, so unlearned in the
            > ways of the Dream.
            >    Methinks in the months remaining in your tenure my knowledge of
            > SCA ways and wit will grow sufficient to ask the questions you
            > propose.
            >    For now I will treasure your kind thoughts on my behalf.
            >    -- william of crioch branach

            THL Milica of Varna
            Middle Kingdom Chronicler
            chronicler@...