Re: [SCA Newcomers] Thanks

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4 11:51 AM
      On Friday 03 September 2004 19:19, "ulvika" <ulvika@...> wrote:
      > Thank you for the information! I live North just a few exits south
      > of Coopers Lake, off I-79. I would love information on the Pa group
      > close to the Youngstown group. Would much rather stay in the right
      > kingdom. I met a few friends from Youngstown at Pennsic this year
      > but failed to get the proper information. I did not realize there
      > were so many local groups. Need to find a group that is active and
      > organized. All information is truly helpful for me! Thanks!

      I believe the closest group to you is Hunter's Home, which serves
      Lawrence, Mercer, and Venango counties in Pennsylvania. Their web site, which
      has quite a bit of information, is here:

      http://www.certainty.net/~elford/shire/

      Their Seneschal, as it turns out, is an acquaintance of mine: Master Kyriell.
      (I knew he played in Hunter's Home, but didn't realize he was Seneschal now.)
      Kyriell is an extremely nice person, a card-carrying adult who boarded the
      Clue Bus and paid the fare with exact change, has served on Pennsic staff
      plus a whole bunch of other stuff, etc. I'm sending Kyriell a copy of
      this note, so the two of you can contact one another directly about meeting
      dates and directions and so forth.

      Welcome to the SCA! I'm sure you'll have a great time with the fine folk of
      Hunter's Home!

      Warm regards,

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • Cym
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 17, 2006
        For all of you who helped this newcomer so generously with information
        about attending a first event, finding feastware, and dealing
        with "hats," thank you. Because of you, I didn't feel like I stuck out
        like a sore thumb, or have "NEW" plastered on my forehead. :-)

        For all of those who worked so hard to put on the Loch Soilleir Yule
        Event, thank you. We had a wonderful time!

        Cym Llwyd verch Llewellyn