Re: [SCA Newcomers] New arrival

  • Signora Beatrice
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      *Beatrice puts on her herald hat*

      1) Your SCA persona is not you mundanely, and I recommend choosing a new
      coat of arms and a new name, so that your SCA self is different than your
      modern self.

      2) If you are the person entitled to display your modern family coat of
      arms (are the eldest son of the eldest son, etc.), there still must be
      blazonable difference between your modern coat and your registered SCA
      coat of arms. (See precedents under David of Moffat, if you want the
      official rulings.)

      3) A lovely idea that was done by a gentle here in An Tir was to take
      inspiration from their family coat of arms (the main charge of a red
      martlet), and then design their own from there.

      If I can be of assistance, go ahead and contact me. I'm not of the
      Midrealm, but the rules for registering heraldry are ultimately Society
      wide.

      In Service,
      Beatrice

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush