Newly arrived in Midrealm

  • william_of_crioch_branach
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004
      Greetings my lords and ladies;
      I am a wanderer in the current Middle Ages seeking to share some
      of your knowledge and lore.
      I seek enlightenment to better decide upon joining the SCA.
      However capturing a persona based on history is appealing. Call me
      therefore William of Crioch Branach, a scribe and exile of Erin, now
      residing in the MidRealm.
      I live in a modest village along the Crown Road in the northern
      wilderness of the Shire of Wurm Wald, 24 leagues from the Shire's
      heart, and 22 leagues south of the great Capital Province of
      Treegirtsea.
      Now for my query; are there others in the group mayhap living in
      the modern lands of Kankakee County, Illinois?
      I would also like to know if using the heraldic brazon of my
      ancestral clan would be allowed under SCA rules?
      Many thanks for your help and useful discourse.
      -- William of Crioch Branach