Re: [SCA Newcomers] llamas

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2004
      In a message dated 8/29/2004 10:38:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      yorstarlet@... writes:

      <<Are llamas allowed at events? Are there SCA rules for them? They make
      great pack animals and I think a case can be made about being period.>>

      Some events allow pets; some don't. Some allow certain kinds of pets and not
      others. Some allow only certified assistance animals such as guide dogs.
      There is no hard and fast rule on this. You'd have to check each event
      announcement and with the autocrat of each event.
      What sort of stabling do llamas require? If the site doesn't provide it,
      llamas will probably not be allowed (there is a similar issue with horses). You
      would also have to deal with any mundane laws regarding transporting llamas
      from one area to another - I know these rules are different for, say, horses,
      than they are for dogs or cats or ferrets.
      I must admit that in 15 years I have never seen a llama at an event. But
      then again, I've only seen horses at an event when the event was held on a
      private horse farm.

      Lancaster, PA