Re: [SCA Newcomers] llamas

  • Tirloch O'Riordain
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2004
      starie_ize wrote:

      > Are llamas allowed at events? Are there SCA rules for them? They make
      > great pack animals and I think a case can be made about being period.
      > I am asking because I may soon be a new llama mom. Thanks
      >
      > Dawn

      Greetings,

      There are some events that allow pets, however, as an autocrat I would
      not qualify a llama as a pet. I would categorize a llama as a farm
      animal or livestock. Now, at some events where there are equestrian
      activities, I think you could check with the autocrat about bringing
      your llama. But I would always check with the autocrats before bringing
      it, so that you do not find yourself disappointed and having to make a
      quick return trip. This is just a precaution. Autocrats can tend to
      freak out a little when something is presented to them that is out of
      the norm.

      Tirloch