Husband and Wife Personas

  • CleKHD@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12 11:50 AM
      Do most spouses have persona's from the same country and time period or do
      many people mix them up. My wife wants to do a Swedish persona post viking
      (because she can speak Swedish) whereas I am more interested in English/Scottish
      1000-1300 time period. We are just getting started and have yet to go to our
      first event, just thought maybe we should at least come up with names. Any
      thoughts would be appreciated.

      Thank You

      Kevin

    • Marcus Dooley
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12 11:57 AM
        Kevin
        I have been out of the sca for some time now but unless things really
        changed drasticly the two of you can have totaly diffrent personas. Its
        all what you want to do.

        CleKHD@... wrote:

        > Do most spouses have persona's from the same country and time period
        > or do
        > many people mix them up. My wife wants to do a Swedish persona post
        > viking
        > (because she can speak Swedish) whereas I am more interested in
        > English/Scottish
        > 1000-1300 time period. We are just getting started and have yet to go
        > to our
        > first event, just thought maybe we should at least come up with
        > names. Any
        > thoughts would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thank You
        >
        > Kevin

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290dgi32/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1092423049/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183351>

      • Tirloch O'Riordain
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12 12:18 PM
          CleKHD@... wrote:

          > Do most spouses have persona's from the same country and time period
          > or do
          > many people mix them up. My wife wants to do a Swedish persona post
          > viking
          > (because she can speak Swedish) whereas I am more interested in
          > English/Scottish
          > 1000-1300 time period. We are just getting started and have yet to go
          > to our
          > first event, just thought maybe we should at least come up with
          > names. Any
          > thoughts would be appreciated.
          >
          > Thank You
          >
          > Kevin

          Greetings,

          This type of thing is completely up to the people involved. There are
          many married couples, who met in the SCA, and therefore had established
          personas long before they were married. For instance my wife's persona
          and my persona are not only separated geographically, but also by about
          400 years. Some people work very hard to come up with adapted personas
          that would "be together" in period, and others just sort of ignore the
          cognitive dissonance and each studies that area that appeals to them.

          So the short answer is, do what ever makes you feel comfortable and
          inspired. If you do not share the same interest in late period Sweden as
          your wife, find that which does interest you and pursue that.

          Tirloch
        • captainrhys
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12 12:28 PM
            Officially my persona is 15th century Welsh, and my wife is 16th
            century French. But our story is I am a pirate and I captured her
            fathers merchant ship, we fell in love, etc. We pretty much ignore
            the 100 years in between.

            I know a lot of people who go out of their way to match their
            personas, and I know a lot, who just kind of ignore the issue and make
            no excuses. I suggest you do what you like, and she does what she
            likes, and see you there is anyway to draw a connection betwwen them,
            but don't overly worry about it if there is not.

            I would also suggest you have the occasional very dressy matching
            outfit so you can both look really cool in court together. Maybe do a
            set of matching outfits on your persona, and a set matching hers and
            wear them to court every other time.

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, CleKHD@a... wrote:
            > Do most spouses have persona's from the same country and time period
            or do
            > many people mix them up. My wife wants to do a Swedish persona post
            viking

          • Isabella La Red
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 12 10:56 PM
              Hi guys I would just like to say my husband and I
              have different time periods and persona's and we still
              love each other..

              He does his thing and I do mine but we help each other
              out in creating our garb and armour.

              good luck
              Isabella La Red

              http://au.movies.yahoo.com