Progress report/ Irish garb

  • KingArthursPiano@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2004
      Hi again,

      Remember me? I was the girl having trouble finding out about Irish garb and
      personas. After some major frustration, I was finally able to get a lot
      more information after learning about clans in the SCA.

      Has anyone worked from the patterns now available on the reconstructing
      history site? I'm referring specifically to this one:
      _http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/patterns/index.html#Irish_
      (http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/patterns/index.html#Irish) (Shinrone gown and leine). I'm sure that with the
      help of my mother, who is a very good seemstress, it won't be terribly hard
      to make. However, I'm concerned about the comfort of the garb. For example,
      the long, hanging sleeves of the leine/chemise...don't they get in the way
      during certain activities (if you use a sword, or cook...?)

      Progress report: I have a chance to hear Kass McGann speak, the lady that
      runs the Reconstructing History site page (she'll be speaking in New Jersey next
      week). I'm joining her mailing list, and was also able to find and connect
      with some Irish clans that are part of the SCA in other areas.

      Anyway, thanks everyone, for your help so far, and if anyone has purchased
      or used those patterns yet, I'd really appreciate the feedback!

      Tara