I kinda cheated with my Tent.

  • Larah T
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9 10:03 PM
      I don't have alot of cash to spend on a tent, so I bought a 25$
      gazebo.(the kind that pops up, with metal poles .) And took and local
      trip down to the Awning store,Then scoped out for discount out-door
      carpets and made myself a wonderful pavillion for under 100$ It's
      size is 12 by 10 & in middle is 11 ft.(six foot head clearence
      everywhere eles.) I'm short & small, so it's perfect for me,(And so
      far for a certain hot drunkin sword weilding hotty too.Heh, Heh, Heh,)
      It's just an idea for anyone who's interested, Thank-you lorie
    • Tous
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11 10:04 AM
        I am curious as to how you put this together in detail. Pictures if
        possible!?

        Thanks
        Tous'

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Larah T" <jellybeans4020@y...>
        wrote:
        > I don't have alot of cash to spend on a tent, so I bought a 25$
        > gazebo.(the kind that pops up, with metal poles .) And took and
        local
        > trip down to the Awning store,Then scoped out for discount out-door
        > carpets and made myself a wonderful pavillion for under 100$ It's
        > size is 12 by 10 & in middle is 11 ft.(six foot head clearence
        > everywhere eles.) I'm short & small, so it's perfect for me,(And so
        > far for a certain hot drunkin sword weilding hotty too.Heh, Heh,
        Heh,)
        > It's just an idea for anyone who's interested, Thank-you lorie
      • Larah Tanner
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 16 12:27 AM
          I don't have my Kodak set up right now but my sis will post up pics, after I bought the gazebo, I measured, drew up a pattern, made a small scale model, re-adjusted all the fine details, made a new pattern, and went to the awning store, I was lucky because the gentle-man there was very helpful in showing & telling how to cut, and sew all materials properly, I did have to rent a industrial machine to sew it with, as well as seam seal it, The material I brought was a medi-weight in natural with blue pin stripes so I did have to cut in a certain way, then the carpet came into play, all I did there was to cut and line. After getting it all togeather, and making a final pattern,( and a sketch from my brother) I started sewing, took two weeks, and Voila a tent, I went slowly and carfuly( this is not s rush project) a final note label & seperate then lay out peices before use, use tape , paper clips, & desk clips to hold materials, not pins. I'm gonna post the patterns for use. hope
          this helps----Thanks Lorie

          Tous <tcunard@...> wrote:I am curious as to how you put this together in detail. Pictures if

          wrote:
          > I don't have alot of cash to spend on a tent, so I bought a 25$
          > gazebo.(the kind that pops up, with metal poles .) And took and
          local
          > trip down to the Awning store,Then scoped out for discount out-door
          > carpets and made myself a wonderful pavillion for under 100$ It's
          > size is 12 by 10 & in middle is 11 ft.(six foot head clearence
          > everywhere eles.) I'm short & small, so it's perfect for me,(And so
          > far for a certain hot drunkin sword weilding hotty too.Heh, Heh,
          Heh,)
          > It's just an idea for anyone who's interested, Thank-you lorie

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT