Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Too old to get started?

  • tonia ewell-thomas
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2004
      HI,
      My husbandandI areboth in ourfourtiesandjust attenedourfirtevent togetherwith our children. We hadthe best time of our livesand madelotsof newfriendsyoung and old.Don't let age stop you from doing what you want to do.
      Zakiyya

      purpletigerarcher <purpletigerarcher@...> wrote:
      i am 55 yrs old.. and have been to WW twice now camping and also
      have taken up archery.. even making my own arrows.*smile*.. its been
      great !! also.. making my own garb... learning more all the time...
      have a few friends also.. that are not so young . being involved in
      this has brought me new friends.. both young and old.. so join in..
      and be happy.. ..........
      Lady Katrynia of Jararvellir

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "ayban_aksakal"
      <ayban_aksakal@y...> wrote:
      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "CleKHD" <CleKHD@a...> wrote:
      > > I had a question regarding age. I've looked at several SCA
      sites
      > and
      > > message boards and find it very interesting as I like medieval
      > > history. However it seems from the photos and the posts that
      most
      > of
      > > the people are in their teens, 20's and 30's. As I am in my
      40's I
      > > was wondering if I would be a bit too old to start out as a
      rookie ?

      > I'm 46 and just attended my first event in June. I loved every
      minute
      > of it!
      >
      > -Ayban Aksakal of the Barony of Madrone, An Tir

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT