Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hi, fairly new here....

  • Muirgheal inghean Broccin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2004
      Greetings to the group and Morgaine upon this fair day -

      While not a "book" herald persay, I can tell you that the you do not have to
      be a member of the SCA to register your name. If you already have your
      documentation simply go to your kingdoms herald's page. There should be a
      link to it from there - for the Midrealm it is
      http://www.midrealm.org/heraldry/name.pdf. Your device should be done the
      same way. Fill out the form, submit your $ and wait about a year. I'm not
      sure which time period your trying to go for with your name; please provide
      more information as to the time/location you are looking at. As far as which
      name to use on emails etc, I generally use my SCA name. Whichever mane you
      use is what people are going to learn so find something you like! If you
      need any other information let me (or the others on the list) know!

      Yours in Service,
      Muirgheal inghean Broccin
      Chatelaine, Marche of Gwyntarian (Akron, OH)