cut velvets

  • cissy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2004
      Ok found the answer on Pg 157 in my survey of historic costume book.
      Just in case anyone else wanted to know...
      ".......most scholars agree that the increase in the complexity of
      decoration of the Italian silk fabrics of the 15th century indicates
      that improvements in silk weaving looms must have been made at about
      this time.
      Renaissance painters depict many of these luxurious fabrics so
      realistically that one can identify them as satins, Cut Velvets,plain
      velvets. or brocades,simply by looking at the pictures."

      it was a very expensive book . Glad I hang on to it.
      Cissy