Re: costumes

  • jessej805
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2004
      > Anyone have links or catalog suggestions for boots that are at
      least
      > close to period authentic without costing more than $200??

      I thought I would come out of lurking long enough to suggest a site I
      have found very useful.

      www.scaboots.com

      I purchased a wonderful pair of boots for my husband for christmas
      (the ones without zippers), and they seem to be fairly good quality
      at a very reasonable price. They certainly look good on him (I could
      be biased here:-)

      I hope this helps.

      Jesse (still working on my personae too)
    • williamn14
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2004
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Tina" <danaar1@y...> wrote:
        Hmmm, my rogue character would be eyeing you....LOL

        >> Tina
        > (links to acceptable names would be great too! I'm thinking a
        weathly
        > merchant's wife would be a suitable persona for me.)
      • Tina
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2004
          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, williamn14 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Tina" <danaar1@y...> wrote:
          > Hmmm, my rogue character would be eyeing you....LOL

          LOL! Hopefully not to rob. ;) This merchants wife is quite interested
          in the martial arts and thanks to a few links posted through the
          group has finally found a fencing group "somewhat" close to her home.

          Tina
        • williamn14
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 7, 2004
            Dwefinitely not to rob sweetie, definitely not to ron. My rogue
            character is more romantic in nature. A defnite flirt. Wink Wink.

            William

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Tina" <danaar1@y...> wrote:
            > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, williamn14 <no_reply@y...>
            wrote:
            > > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Tina" <danaar1@y...> wrote:
            > > Hmmm, my rogue character would be eyeing you....LOL
            > >

            > LOL! Hopefully not to rob. ;) This merchants wife is quite
            interested
            > in the martial arts and thanks to a few links posted through the
            > group has finally found a fencing group "somewhat" close to her
            home.

            > Tina
          • williamn14
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 7, 2004
              First of, let me say thank you to everyone who has offered info to my
              post. It's so great to see people willing to help. Reminds me of
              the Stargate group I belong too. The boots I posted the link to are
              the style I prefer but not locked into. They remind me of a
              Musketeer/Pirate style boot. And I plan on checking out a local SCA
              group. There are 2 near me so trying to pic one is gonna be fun.
              Again thank you for all the assistance.

              William
            • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 7, 2004
                On Wednesday 07 July 2004 17:47, williamn14 wrote:
                > There are 2 near me so trying to pic one is gonna be fun.

                Who says you have to?

                While most people have one SCA group they call "home", you are welcome
                to participate with any number of local groups. Where I live, it is quite
                common for people to belong to more than one group. :-)

                keys fesswise reversed sable.