Re: [SCA Newcomers] Digest Number 628

  • Tina
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2004
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Persley
      <firelizard67@y...> wrote:
      >Watch a few fighter parctices and pick up basic moves. Then build
      your armour (just do the basics, you may learn on down the road you
      really just like the thought of fighting and not the pain of
      fighting.) Keep in mind there is a cost to do this sport (just like
      any other).

      That I understand quite well as I've been taking karate classes with
      an emphasis on self-defence and Chinese weapons forms for 2 years.
      That's been a lot of fun but I'd like to learn western styles as
      well. Odds are I'm never going to be a talented fighter but it's a
      lot of fun to learn, good exercise and good research for my fiction
      writing. :)

      Milica had posted a link for the Barony in my area and I checked the
      site again. It was fortuitious timing because they'd just posted a
      link for heavy weapons training at a location very close to me. I'm
      going to stop by this evening and talk to the members and find out
      who the local herald is. (though I still haven't decided on a persona)

      Thanks for the help!

      Tina