Re: I need a laurel

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 2565 , Oct 8, 2000
      Hi!<br><br>Actually, most Laurels don't seem to
      be in the merchant type, makeing things for money,
      business. They are more of a really high quality, great
      research, amatuer type of thing. Sort of, Do it for the
      Love of it, thing. There, that was a rather weird and
      (hopefully) not offensive definition of a Laurel.<br>It may
      be different in other regions. There are quite a few
      commercial sewers who do nice work. You might want to try
      them. Try the links page off of this site and you can
      also look for the "Juried merchants" type lists off of
      the main SCA home site. <br>I don't know what style
      you are looking for but some are really quite easy to
      do yourself, admittedly, High Elizabethan takes
      practice!!! (Don't look at me for that one! I like to breathe
      now and then!)<br>Try the links and maybe some others
      here will have some suggestions as well. Congrats on
      the wedding!<br>OH! Try Chivalry Sports, they have a
      bunch of medieval/renaissance wedding stuff!<br>Kathryn
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003