RE: [SCA Newcomers] ok one more

  • Doug Gintaras
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      Why not make your own garb? Making a T-tunic is easy and instructions can be
      found on many internet sites. Leather sandles, loafers, and hiking boots
      make great shoes (using the 10 foot rule) and rope could be used as a belt.
      Or you could buy something when you get onsite. For pants, you could get
      away with some black sweats, but flanel pants would be even better.

      A friend of mine got everything from garb (inlcuding cloak) to feast gear,
      from Wal-mart. He was going to teach a class on it and do a field trip, but
      he has since moved away :(.

      To answer your original question, it would not be severly frowned upon,
      however, my guess is that you would not make such an easy transition into
      the event and thus, not get the full experience. I strongly recommend you
      get your own stuff.

      Good luck!

      ~Gintaras, C.R.C.~
      Midrealm