Another Personna Question

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2004
      I'm really new to SCA and I was wondering if I could be Egyptian?
      My mom says that she doesn't think I could be Egyptian. But arent
      they in the time of the middles ages *trys to remember* Yes i think
      they are...But anyway

      Asking for help
      Skylander
    • lecachot@airmail.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004
        Yes, you could be an Egyptian, that country did exist during the middle
        ages. However, if you're thinking about ancient Egyptian culture
        (Pharaohs, pyramids, etc), that is really at least 2000-3500 years too
        early for what is normally considerrf yhe SCA time period. In most cases,
        a "period" Egyptian persona would probably be Muslim, possibly Coptic
        Christian; but the days of the worship of the many Egyptians gods and
        goddesses was long gone. Hope this helped some.

        Susan (who is working on a Mamluk (or possibly Fatimid) Egyptian persona)

        > I'm really new to SCA and I was wondering if I could be Egyptian?
        > My mom says that she doesn't think I could be Egyptian. But arent
        > they in the time of the middles ages *trys to remember* Yes i think
        > they are...But anyway
        >

        > Asking for help
        > Skylander
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • chemistbb3
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004
          (Trying to remember my history..)

          Yes there were Egyptian, but not the Pharoh type Egyptians. They
          were past that age by the time period that SCA encompasses.

          William

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <Christopher@s...> wrote:
          > I'm really new to SCA and I was wondering if I could be Egyptian?
          > My mom says that she doesn't think I could be Egyptian. But arent
          > they in the time of the middles ages *trys to remember* Yes i think
          > they are...But anyway
          >

          > Asking for help
          > Skylander
        • Susan Farmer
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004

            > (Trying to remember my history..)
            >
            > Yes there were Egyptian, but not the Pharoh type Egyptians. They
            > were past that age by the time period that SCA encompasses.

            Don't know what your particular faith system includes, but the Coptic
            Christians were (I think) Egyptian

            Jerusha