Re: Personna Question

  • pAuL
    Message 1 of 9 , May 26, 2004
      Yup thats correct. In fact I have heard of a gentleman here in
      Northshield that has an Aztec persona.

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Shannon Moersch
      <saddare_stormsister@y...> wrote:
      > Greetings!
      > As I understand it, one's personna can be any nationality that
      had contact with Europe during our time period. So then, it would be
      acceptable to adopt a Native American persona? Perhaps not all
      tribes/nations had contact, but the Iroquois certainly did, as well
      as others.
      > Thanks!
      > -Shannon

    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2004
        I have seen some, but very few, Native American personas. If you
        wish to adopt one, be prepared to do most of the research on it
        yourself. Also be prepared for some snide comments "behind your
        back".

        William

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Shannon Moersch
        <saddare_stormsister@y...> wrote:
        > Greetings!
        > As I understand it, one's personna can be any nationality that
        had contact with Europe during our time period. So then, it would be
        acceptable to adopt a Native American persona? Perhaps not all
        tribes/nations had contact, but the Iroquois certainly did, as well
        as others.
        > Thanks!
        > -Shannon

      • Sir Ix
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2004
          > > Greetings!
          >> As I understand it, one's personna can be any nationality that
          >had contact with Europe during our time period. So then, it would be
          >acceptable to adopt a Native American persona? Perhaps not all
          >tribes/nations had contact, but the Iroquois certainly did, as well
          >as others.

          OK. I have recently joined this list and I am the Aztec that has been
          referenced. The rule of thumb has been real contact with Western
          Civilization during period times, although this is not an actual
          rule. I chose Aztec instead of Classical Mayan because of this. The
          Aztec had major contact during period times as the conquest was from
          1519-1521 and the Spanish moved in and ruled for the last 80 years of
          period times.

          North American is a little trickier to document. The five civilized
          tribes of the northeast contact really started after 1600 with
          colonization. Floridian tribes did have significant contact, but this
          is not the Seminole. They came in because most of the tribes of what
          is now Florida were killed off by disease. The American southwest is
          possible by some contact with the Spanish in the late 1500s, but once
          again these are not the tribes that you think of in those areas. You
          can make arguments for other tribes, but be aware that they are just
          that, arguments.

          My persona blends real with fantasy. I have a partial persona history
          at http://terraefinis.org/ix and I really need to finish it. The
          truth is that Aztecs were brought back to show at court after the
          conquest, but they died. The other truth is that the courts of Europe
          in the 1500s were fascinated by the tales of the savages of the New
          World.

          Finally, be ready for a hard time and have it work against you. It
          did me to some extent, but I backed things up with a knowledge of how
          the cultures interacted and kept things as historical as I could. I
          even wear European garb most of the time now. This is based on the
          MANY half Aztec sons and daughters who did return to Spain.

          Anyone interested in this can e-mail me privately at any time.

          --
          Sir Ixtilixochitl
          Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org

          (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)