Re: [SCA Newcomers] surname help

  • bridgetthestargazer
    Message 1 of 9 , May 12, 2004
      Edward IV had a daughter named Bridget. Born in 1480. Died in 1517.
      She was a nun in Dartford, Kent.

      "Bridget" is listed in Withycombe's book on names, page 54 in the
      edition I looked at(if there are multiple editions, I can't tell you
      which one I looked at as I didn't have the change for more copies at
      the library that day and haven't gotten back there since). It says
      that the name didn't seem to come into "common use" until the 17th or
      18th century.

      That's what I've found so far in my own search.

      Bridget the Stargazer