Re: [SCA Newcomers] pennsic

  • Milica of Varna
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2004
      Whoa! Now there's a loaded question...

      You can spend your whole budget easily the first day out. There are over 300
      merchants at Pennsic and they'd all like to have your gold.

      My suggestion? Make a list of things that you need for your camp right away,
      another list of gifts, postcards, t-shirts etc., and yet another of items on
      your wish list. Get what you need to enjoy the War within your budget, save
      some money for gifts and the like, and go shopping at Midnight Madness or the
      last few days for those "wish list" items.

      Shopping at Pennsic is great fun, but it can ruin your War if you run out of
      money and don't have enough to eat the rest of the time.

      Have fun!

      Milica

      On Monday 10 May 2004 20:29, Mackenzie wrote:
      > just how much should one expect to spend on merchant booths in one
      > week at pennsic?

      THL Milica of Varna
      Middle Kingdom Chronicler
      chronicler@...

    • Susan Farmer
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2004

        > just how much should one expect to spend on merchant booths in one
        > week at pennsic?

        Depends -- how much are you bringing with you? Never been to Pennsic,
        but I could have easily spent many hundreds of dollars at Gulf War --
        and I don't buy Armor!

        Jerusha
      • mekilno
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2004
          > and I don't buy Armor!
          >
          > Jerusha

          *perks ears* They have armour? *makes a note to save up to go the
          next gulf war...or at least, see if there's anything at Warbands,..*
        • Susan Farmer
          Message 4 of 6 , May 11, 2004

            > > and I don't buy Armor!
            > >
            > > Jerusha
            >
            > *perks ears* They have armour? *makes a note to save up to go the
            > next gulf war...or at least, see if there's anything at Warbands,..*

            Oh, yeah. I suspect that you can get armor at Pennsic too.

            Jerusha