Re: [SCA Newcomers] Northshield and Pennsic (was: THANK YOU Iustinos...)

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2004
      On Tuesday 04 May 2004 18:17, Mericke MacDonald wrote:
      > Yes I certainly know Madelleine Isabeau De Cat-she is my seneschal-I
      > am now in Brineside Moor.

      Excellent! When I was War Chirurgeon at Pennsic 32 (last summer), Cat was
      my Tech Services deputy. She did all the wiring, plumbing, installing,
      furniture moving, etc., for Chirurgeon's Point. This is a bigger job than
      you might think. Here are some photos of the facility (empty):

      http://pw32.4th.com/pole-bldg.php

      http://pw32.4th.com/photo.php?dir=photos&prefix=chirurgeon-bldg

      During Pennsic, we have canvas walls installed around the building, and the
      inside space is subdivided using hospital privacy screens and canvas tent
      walls.

      Give my regards to Cat, if you think of it! :-)

      > I met some Ohio folk at Gulf Wars and I swore they said they were
      > NorthShield-sorry about the misconception.

      Ahhhh....I'll bet they were North Oaken. The Midrealm is large enough that it
      is divided into multiple regions (and one Principality, i.e., Northshield).
      North Oaken is Ohio; South Oaken is Kentucky; Midlands is Illinois; Pentamere
      is Michigan; Constellation is Indiana (these are approximate boundaries).

      We currently have about 140 local groups and baronies in this kingdom. I
      maintain the database of Seneschals, which is an easier job than you would
      think, because I use Linux and therefore have automated about 95% of the
      workload.

      Come to think of it, if you met Serjant Garth der Eisenzahmer (who is a
      member of my shire) at Gulf Wars, then you met someone from both North
      Oaken *and* Northshield. Garth's originally from South Dakota but now
      lives here in Canton Ohio, in the Marche of Alderford.

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2004
        On Tuesday 04 May 2004 18:17, Mericke MacDonald wrote:
        > I'll find you at N22-just printed the post for my "Pennsic Notebook".

        That's about 90% likely to be where we camp, but there are no guarantees
        until the Pennsic Landocrat actually allocates the space for us. The best
        thing to do is to check the camping block directory when you arrive on
        site, looking for us by the name "Erevnite Asteron".

        I look forward to meeting you, and anyone else from this list who cares
        to drop by. I'm taking a break from being on staff this year, so there's
        a good chance I'll actually get to spend some time relaxing in camp! :-)

        keys fesswise reversed sable.