Re: [SCA Newcomers] Kingdom Badge

  • Susan Farmer
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2004
      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer <sfarmer@s...>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Greetings!
      > > > A question has occurred to me as I start to make garb and
      > banners and favors .... who is authorized to wear the kingdom badge? I
      > know the device is reserved to king/queen/seneschal. Can anyone wear
      > the badge?
      > >
      > > Dunno if that's any different than the populace badge -- but there
      > is a
      > > populace badge that any resident of the kingdom may wear. I do not
      > > believe that you must swear fealty to display the badge.
      > >
      > > My favorite site for this information (badges, arms etc.) is
      > > http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm
      > >
      > > Jerusha in Meridies
      >
      > There *is* a difference between a kingdom bage and a populace badge.
      >
      > The populace badge is released for general populace use, and that I
      > know of requires no oath to wear.

      Hi, Margaret. >waves< I'm glad that you're so smart! In Meridies
      which are the 2 badges?

      Jerusha
    • Heather Murray
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2004

        > Hi, Margaret. >waves< I'm glad that you're so smart! In Meridies
        > which are the 2 badges?
        >
        > Jerusha

        Well, I know the populace badge, Sable, the Lombardic uppercase letter
        M, and in base a comet fesswise argent. (That is, black background, a
        white letter "m" above a comet streaking to the left.) There are *many*
        badges registered to Meridies for various Kingdom offices and awards.
        Here's the list of all the thing listed to the Kingdom of Meridies (and
        in some cases, transfered to either Trimaris or Gleann Abhann at some
        point).

        Margaret