Re: [SCA Newcomers] A+S activities...

  • mekilno
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2004
      > One thing that I found -- I practiced and practiced and it never
      would
      > look "right" my letters weren't parallel and all that stuff. So I
      > just wrote with the pen. Everything. School notes, checks, etc.
      > Everything. Then when I tried calligraphy again, it all fell into
      > place.
      >
      > Jerusha

      Thanks Jerusha! I'm not having too much of a problem with that - I
      used lined paper under the paper I'm working on, and that helps.
      Hopefully, with practice, I can get rid of that eventually, but if I
      can't it doesn't really matter that much. I've just written a poem
      out for my mum for her anniversay - I used gothic as it's one that I
      think looks pretty cool, even though it's quite complicated. It took
      me a while, and then I illuminated it, and I'm really proud of it!

      Everild,
      Preening herself..
    • mekilno
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2004

        > Sounds gorgeous! Illumination is one of those things that I've
        never
        > had the nerve (or the time) to undertake!
        >
        > Jerusha

        Thanks!! It's not nerve, so much, with me - it's time!! I'm not
        doing really complicated stuff, illumination-wise - just a simple
        border suffices, really - but I plan it all out, beforehand, so it
        does take a while to do!
      • Susan Farmer
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2004