Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Boffer.

  • Rhys
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2004
      I beg to differ with only one point. Boffers don't leave nasty bruises or
      cuts if they are being used right and have been inspected. The only
      lasting and visible scar I ever received in fighting was not with heavy,
      light, or even shi-nai but with a boffer! The Marshal's had okayed a
      boffer with a thrusting tip that had NO tip protection besides a layer
      of duct tape over the end of the cut pvc. It was found when the lord
      handling it caught me in the face with a blind sided thrust and left a 2
      inch cut through my eyebrow.

      So, normally we don't get hurt. But things can happen. And in the
      Northern Outpost we used to have grand melee with boffers where
      everyone would be involved. :)

      It's a fun break from sitting on the sidelines.

      In Service,
      Lord Rhys Aiden Bifjord