Kingdom Badge

  • Shannon Moersch
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30 9:47 PM
      Greetings!
      A question has occurred to me as I start to make garb and banners and favors .... who is authorized to wear the kingdom badge? I know the device is reserved to king/queen/seneschal. Can anyone wear the badge?

      Thanks!
      -Shannon inghaen Bhriain ui Dhuilleain

    • Susan Farmer
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004

        > Greetings!
        > A question has occurred to me as I start to make garb and banners and favors .... who is authorized to wear the kingdom badge? I know the device is reserved to king/queen/seneschal. Can anyone wear the badge?

        Dunno if that's any different than the populace badge -- but there is a
        populace badge that any resident of the kingdom may wear. I do not
        believe that you must swear fealty to display the badge.

        My favorite site for this information (badges, arms etc.) is
        http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm

        Jerusha in Meridies
      • mofnorwood
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2004
          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer <sfarmer@s...>
          wrote:

          > > Greetings!
          > > A question has occurred to me as I start to make garb and
          banners and favors .... who is authorized to wear the kingdom badge? I
          know the device is reserved to king/queen/seneschal. Can anyone wear
          the badge?

          > Dunno if that's any different than the populace badge -- but there
          is a
          > populace badge that any resident of the kingdom may wear. I do not
          > believe that you must swear fealty to display the badge.
          >
          > My favorite site for this information (badges, arms etc.) is
          > http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm
          >
          > Jerusha in Meridies

          There *is* a difference between a kingdom bage and a populace badge.

          The populace badge is released for general populace use, and that I
          know of requires no oath to wear.

          Margaret Northwode.
        • Susan Farmer
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2004
            > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer <sfarmer@s...>
            > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Greetings!
            > > > A question has occurred to me as I start to make garb and
            > banners and favors .... who is authorized to wear the kingdom badge? I
            > know the device is reserved to king/queen/seneschal. Can anyone wear
            > the badge?
            > >
            > > Dunno if that's any different than the populace badge -- but there
            > is a
            > > populace badge that any resident of the kingdom may wear. I do not
            > > believe that you must swear fealty to display the badge.
            > >
            > > My favorite site for this information (badges, arms etc.) is
            > > http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm
            > >
            > > Jerusha in Meridies
            >
            > There *is* a difference between a kingdom bage and a populace badge.
            >
            > The populace badge is released for general populace use, and that I
            > know of requires no oath to wear.

            Hi, Margaret. >waves< I'm glad that you're so smart! In Meridies
            which are the 2 badges?

            Jerusha
          • Heather Murray
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2004

              > Hi, Margaret. >waves< I'm glad that you're so smart! In Meridies
              > which are the 2 badges?
              >
              > Jerusha

              Well, I know the populace badge, Sable, the Lombardic uppercase letter
              M, and in base a comet fesswise argent. (That is, black background, a
              white letter "m" above a comet streaking to the left.) There are *many*
              badges registered to Meridies for various Kingdom offices and awards.
              Here's the list of all the thing listed to the Kingdom of Meridies (and
              in some cases, transfered to either Trimaris or Gleann Abhann at some
              point).

              Margaret