Re: device or badge

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2004
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Shadow Hawk" <ozzie@f...> wrote:
      > okay quick questions.. (I hope)
      >
      > 1- what is the difference between a device and a badge?

      Device is what is more commonly know in the mundane world as a Coat
      of Arms. It is used to identify a particular person. The only other
      person who is suppose to use a persons device would be the persons
      herald, who would speak for that person. A badge is more of a
      personal emblem to identify belongings and show personal
      affiliation. It can be used on just about anything and can be given
      to anyone to wear, that the badge's owner wants.

      > 2- if i register a name, do I need a badge or device?

      You do not have to register anything. You do need to at least
      attempt to register a name in order to register a device or badge.
      (Just check the box on the submission form to allow for the creating
      of a holding name.) Devices and Badges are registered through a name.

      > 3- do I need to register if I do not intend to recieve any awards
      or
      > play in any tourny's? You do not need to be registered to sell at
      > events do you?

      You do not have to register anything to participate in any way at an
      event. (This may vary by Kingdom, but I don't think so...) And just
      because you do not have a registered name does not prevent you from
      getting awards. I know a Countess who's name not only is not
      registered, but it is not registerable.

      > thanks for the help?

      Not a problem, that's why they pay us the big bucks...*LOL*

      William