time periods and names

  • Mike Drouillard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2004
      Hello All

      I'm trying to come up with a name / persona from the SCA

      I want to place my persona in time / place by the weapons, armour and
      garb that i like:

      I like simple tunic and clock most of the time, doublet for fancy
      occasions:
      I want to be around the beginning of the british longbow time
      and i want to carry a single handed or hand and a half broad or bastard
      sword (not rapier)

      first question is - are these compatible in any time/place
      second question is what range of time are each of these to?

      third question - is there and site with any kind of simple timeline on
      it?

      Thanks Mike