Re: [SCA Newcomers] missing pieces

  • David Ternes
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
      Tirloch O'Riordain wrote:

      > I also am curious about these 4 pieces.
      >
      > To the best of my knowledge you may register a name, a device, and a badge.
      >
      > There was once a time when Fiona McGregor of the Middle registered a
      > device for a household (The Great Dark Horde) but I do not believe that
      > is a regular practice.
      >
      > Could you elaborate on these 4 pieces? I am very curious.

      According to the College of Arms Administrative Handbook (2002)
      Part I - Submissions Regulations
      I. Registration Limit
      B. Individuals and other local groups - Individuals ... may register no more
      than four names and four pieces of armory.

      The "pieces of armory" may be either devices or badges. Normally at least one
      of these will be a personal device, but this is not required.

      For the names, an individual may have one Primary Society Name - "The single
      name under which records of registration are maintained." The rest will be
      Alternate Society Names.

      --

      Rutger