Re: [SCA Newcomers] A newbie sends greetings and a question...

  • Anne
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 29, 2004
      Thank you Tirloch! What a grand idea! Do you have any contact info
      for that imaginative Gentle? I'd like to ask them if I may borrow
      their idea.

      Anne

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Tirloch O'Riordain"
      <tirloch@t...> wrote:

      > There are no restrictions on names or personas, although it could
      get
      > difficult for people to remember your name. One of the best
      examples I
      > have seen is a gentle from Calontir, who has many personas, but
      they are
      > all descendants of each other, and were all named after their
      ancestor.
      > So while he has personas dating from 600 to 1600 they are all a
      variance
      > on the name John.
      >
      > As to the varied interests, there are no restrictions that say that
      if
      > you are a 14th century celt you must dress as a 14th century celt.
      If
      > you like Viking garb and Mongolian garb why not have a set of each?
      You
      > do not need to make a seperate persona for each interest.
      >
      > Tirloch
    • Tirloch O'Riordain
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        Anne wrote:

        > Thank you Tirloch! What a grand idea! Do you have any contact info
        > for that imaginative Gentle? I'd like to ask them if I may borrow
        > their idea.
        >
        > Anne

        Sadly, I am told that he does not play in Calontir anymore, so I have no
        contact info. Borrow away.

        Tirloch