Re: missing pieces

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 6:42 PM
      The four pieces can be 4 badges or 3 badges and a device. This is a
      max. You do not have to have 4. You just can not have more than 1
      device registered.

      William

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "ladynorelle"
      <ladynorelle@y...> wrote:
      > Pardon me for being a bit behind in posts, but I get the digest
      > version and was busy eventing this weekend. I'm just now catching
      up
      > on email... so onto my question. Exactly what are the four peices
      of
      > heraldry? From this thread of conversation, I'm assuming device
      and
      > badge, but what are the other two? i suppose I could go look it up
      on
      > some heraldy webpage, but that would take more effort, and I still
      > haven't unpacked the car all the way.
      >
      > Norelle/donna
      >
      > The SCA allows you to
      > > register 4 pieces of heraldy, only one of which may be a device.
      > >
      > > William

    • Tirloch O'Riordain
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 7:01 PM
        I also am curious about these 4 pieces.

        To the best of my knowledge you may register a name, a device, and a badge.

        There was once a time when Fiona McGregor of the Middle registered a
        device for a household (The Great Dark Horde) but I do not believe that
        is a regular practice.

        Could you elaborate on these 4 pieces? I am very curious.

        Tirloch

        > The SCA allows you to
        > > register 4 pieces of heraldy, only one of which may be a device.
        > >
        > > William

      • David Ternes
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1 10:51 PM
          Tirloch O'Riordain wrote:

          > I also am curious about these 4 pieces.
          >
          > To the best of my knowledge you may register a name, a device, and a badge.
          >
          > There was once a time when Fiona McGregor of the Middle registered a
          > device for a household (The Great Dark Horde) but I do not believe that
          > is a regular practice.
          >
          > Could you elaborate on these 4 pieces? I am very curious.

          According to the College of Arms Administrative Handbook (2002)
          Part I - Submissions Regulations
          I. Registration Limit
          B. Individuals and other local groups - Individuals ... may register no more
          than four names and four pieces of armory.

          The "pieces of armory" may be either devices or badges. Normally at least one
          of these will be a personal device, but this is not required.

          For the names, an individual may have one Primary Society Name - "The single
          name under which records of registration are maintained." The rest will be
          Alternate Society Names.

          --

          Rutger