Re: [SCA Newcomers] New file uploaded.... can someone check it?

  • David Ternes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 10:37 PM
      mekilno wrote:

      > My first attempt at a heraldic device - I wondered if someone could
      > check it for me... make sure it looks OK, and would be accepted in
      > the SCA?

      Sorry, but you got some problems there.

      1) The chief is azure on a sable field. This violates RfS VIII.2,
      requiring Armorial Contrast. Or, in English ... You have a color (blue)
      as a chief on top of a color (black) for the field. Not permitted. On
      a color (blue, black, red, green, purple) you need to put a metal
      (yellow/gold, white/silver). Assuming you want the black field, you
      will need to change the chief to either yellow or white.

      2) The boars heads are different sizes. This will run afoul of RfS
      VIII.1.b, Armorial Balance. In a group of charges, all will need to be
      the same size.

      3) The swords on the chief. It looks like the intent is for the swords
      to be green, although the hilts have a lot of white. Assuming it is
      green, we are back to that color on color thing again. Of course, since
      the chief’s color will need to be changed, this problem could go away.

      4) The swords, again. Three swords on a chief may cause problems with
      identifiability (RfS VIII.3). Trying to squeeze in three swords could
      result in the individual swords being too small to be readily identified
      as swords. Unlike the previous three issues, this is open to the
      interpretation of the reviewer.

      --
      Rutger