  • bridgetthestargazer
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 9:46 PM
      There's Margo's patterns. margospatterns.com I've heard great things
      about her patterns. Elizabethan isn't my time frame, but on the SCA
      garb list they have talked about Margo's patterns a lot.

      As others have said about the heraldry, ask your local herald.

      http://costume.dm.net/ is another elizabethan costuming site. Tons of
      info there. There's even a corset pattern generator that you plug in
      your measurements and it gives you directions for how to create a
      pattern from it.

      Not affiliated with either of these sites or their owners, just
      passing along info.

      Bridget the Stargazer
    • Britt
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2 3:18 PM
        I have been doing Tudor and now have started with a Landsknecht group and have
        always had a problem making a corset from just measurements (If you can do this I
        applaud you. I, on the other hand, am not as talented) My tip for you is a simple
        short cut. First, do the research of the look of the bodice. It will probably need to be
        an above the nipple corset (I have seen Germans go lower but NEVER UNDER THE
        BREAST. Big pet peave) Now once you know what you want the corset to do (cinch,
        lift or whatever..Elizabethan you are probably looking for a very flat front) All you
        need is an old tee shirt, scizzors, duct tape, and another person. All you do is put the
        tshirt on and wrap yourself in duct tape. Actually you are going to be wrapping the
        duct tape as you want the corset to fit you. Remember to pull very tight because this
        is what you want the corset to do. Now once you get the duct tape wraped around
        you (Even include straps) just cut it and the t shirt where you want the corset to be
        laced (or hook and eye) You now have a duct tape double and a perfect pattern to
        make a corset that is perfectly fitted for you. Now remember you may have to line
        bodices if you are working with a flimsier fabric (Go with the stiffest material possible
        and remember that you will be covering it so don't worry if it isn't the prettiest) If you
        make a good bodice some people do not bother with a corset. I have found that a
        good corset is a time saver for making dresses but I think this is a six of one half a
        dozen of another situation. Hopefully this helps.
        Mary of the Stews
        Lastly, I will also