Re: [SCA Newcomers] (unknown)

  • Doug Gintaras
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
      I think you are correct. It was my understanding that if they are documented
      and some one else in the SCA are using them, then they are considered taken.

      But you could base your device off of your family coat of arms. I suggest
      speaking with your local herald about this.

      ~Gintaras, C.R.C.~
      Midrealm
      Midlands
      Ravenslake

      >From: Susan Farmer <sfarmer@...>
      >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] (unknown)
      >Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:49:48 -0500 (EST)
      >

      > > Unless you can prove you are legitimately entitled to your ancestors
      > > coat of arms, I would suggest you do not use them yourself. That
      > > can get sticky and you would probably not be able to register it in
      > > the SCA, should you wish to.
      >
      >I don't think you can use them even if you are entitled to bear them
      >in the mundane world. I thought that they had to be unique to Our
      >World and the Mundane World.
      >
      >Jerusha

      Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide.
      http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx