Questions on Egyptian Garb

  • Nicole
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2004
      Hello,

      I'm rather new to the SCA and I'm trying to ground my character as
      from 7th Century Egypt. I know, at that time, they were long
      conquered by Rome and Rome had drifted in the Byzantine Empire.

      What I need, however, are hints for Garb. Many of my resources only
      point to the evolution of Roman culture. I know the spite against
      Byzantine rule was high in Egypt, so I'm unsure how much clothing
      there changed from the more hellenistic periods.

      I'm looking to predate the Arabic invasion of 642 and set the time
      somewhere around 600 on the dot. So, I'm also avoiding Islamic
      influences.

      Does anyone know anything about Egyptian Garb at that time or any
      resources for pictures or ideas?

      Thanks much,
      Nicole