Re: [SCA Newcomers] My home is my castle

  • Marble
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 11, 2004
      Okay I tried to find the source of that pic but unfortunately I save
      pics I like onto my hard drive or cds and after a day or two have no
      clue where I got them. So sorry. Did a search and after 30 minutes
      did not see it on many sites I might have gotten it from. Sorry I
      couldn't help.

      Thanks for the link-interesting stuff there.

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Katie Pleasance <katie@k...>
      wrote:
      > Could you give the reference for (or more information about) the
      drawing of
      > the round tower with the large window on the first page?
      >
      > You might find
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Castles-and-Medieval-Buildings
      > intersting.
      >
      > Catherine Pleasance de Compeigne
      >

      > At 01:25 PM 1/23/2004 +0000, you wrote:
      > >Hazaa! Just popping in to let you all know I recently redecorated
      my
      > >living room in a medieval motif and I created two web pages full of
      > >photos, templates, instructions and examples for medieval décor.
      Not
      > >selling anything there, just sharing what I know with anyone that
      > >might want to do a medieval or gothic room. Walk in peace…Marble
      > >Medieval Home Decor can be found at:
      > >www.marbleslawn.com/medievalhome.html
    • Marble
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 11, 2004
        It was MUCH easier than I always thought it would be. Good luck!

        > In a message dated 1/24/04 12:36:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        > scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:
        > From: "Marble" <web4mel@y...>
        > Subject: My home is my castle
        >
        > Hazaa! Just popping in to let you all know I recently redecorated
        my
        > living room in a medieval motif and I created two web pages full of
        > photos, templates, instructions and examples for medieval décor.
        Not
        > selling anything there, just sharing what I know with anyone that
        > might want to do a medieval or gothic room. Walk in
        peace…Marble
        > Medieval Home Decor can be found at:
        > www.marbleslawn.com/medievalhome.html
        >

        > This is so awesome. Great Job!
        >
        > I'm planning to paint my kitchen soon and want to paint the faux
        stone wall
        > on it.
        >
        > Tamara
        > Trimaris

      • Marble
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 11, 2004
          Thanks for the correction, and I am not being sarcastic. I like
          learning new things and didn't know or likely did not remember from
          school days, the complEmentary info you gave. Smile.

          Feel free to use anything you like from my decor or any other of the
          60+ pages on my website. My site is about the personal fulfillment
          of my creativity and other impulses, not about vanity, credit, or
          money. Any words or pictures on it are free to the world, credited
          or not.

          I know that is an unusual attitude in this graceless age we live in
          but that is how I feel about my site and many other activities I give
          time and energy to.

          My name is just plain old Marble in the cyber world and Melinda in
          the live action one. Again, smile. I am in the process of
          investigating joining the SCA with emails back and forth to members
          plus also considering some LARP groups. I have not made either
          official yet so hope I did not break any unwritten rules by posting
          here.

          my email is web4mel@... and that to is free to any who wish
          to write Sir Justin... just don't use a host of solicitous words
          that will make my message rules think it's spam, and I will actually
          receive the email...last time...smile.

          http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey