Name!

  • Brian McDaniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2004
      I posted this in another ygroup but figured I would post here as
      well. Doesn't hurt to see what people have to say!

      Could someone help me and spell out how to pronounce this name?

      Máelán

      I believe it is MAL-un, but I'm not sure. I did find a name very
      similar in spelling that was pronounced MAH-lon. I suck at
      pronunciation, always hated english class, so you can guarantee I'm
      not good with gaelic! I've searched just about everything I can
      find, and can't find a good way to pronounce this name. It's from a
      10th century source I believe (i'd have to check to be sure).

      I'd appreciate any help!
    • Dufgall vinaldasson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2004
        I would think it would be something like May-len

        Dufgall(like Goofball)
        --- Brian McDaniel <bmcdaniel5@...> wrote:
        > I posted this in another ygroup but figured I would
        > post here as
        > well. Doesn't hurt to see what people have to say!
        >
        > Could someone help me and spell out how to pronounce
        > this name?
        >
        > M�el�n
        >
        > I believe it is MAL-un, but I'm not sure. I did find
        > a name very
        > similar in spelling that was pronounced MAH-lon. I
        > suck at
        > pronunciation, always hated english class, so you
        > can guarantee I'm
        > not good with gaelic! I've searched just about
        > everything I can
        > find, and can't find a good way to pronounce this
        > name. It's from a
        > 10th century source I believe (i'd have to check to
        > be sure).
        >
        > I'd appreciate any help!

        =====
        Forever in Service,
        Dufgall brestinger Vinaldasson
        Principality of Gleann Abhann
        House Shadow Legion
        {sable, on a bend sinister argent three wolves courant sable}
        Clan of the Virtues
        {vert, on a bend sinister argent four ewes vert}

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html