Fighting for a Consort

  • ankashai
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26 7:32 AM
      I just have a few questions regarding who you can fight for during
      a list. My problem is that I don't really have a consort; I have a
      good friend, but she's the same gender as me, and I remember reading
      somewhere that your consort must be the opposite gender ( though that
      may have just been specifically for crown list. I'm in Trimaris, if
      it makes a difference ).

      The question is, what do you do when you need someone to fight for
      but don't have a consort? Wander through the crowd until you find
      some single person of the opposite sex ( a task that I imagine is
      quite a bit easier for guys than girls. )? Fight for someone not
      involved with the SCA what so ever? ( I could fight for my dad, I
      suppose... he's not in the SCA though, just vaugely interested
      because I am )

      What about fighting for someone who is married? For example, the
      person whose been taking care of me at events ( I'm a minor, so I
      have a legal guardian for SCA events )? What is the
      proper 'protocal', per se, in such a situation? I'd imagine that it'd
      be a good idea to ask the wife first, but anything else?

      Thanks!
    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        Crown Tourney's are the only tourneys there is a rule that requires a
        fighter to have a consort, and the consort has to be of the opposite
        sex, per Corpra(sp?). I know of a couple of Tourney's that, due to
        formats, want a fighter to fight for someone of the opposite sex. At
        these tourneys there is normally a "pool" of folks tht have made it
        know that they are willing to be fought for for the purpose of the
        Tourney. Normally you can fight for whomever you wish' provided it
        is OK with them. If you wish to fight for someone, just ask them.
        If it is something they do not want, they will tell you very
        politely, unless they are total jerks. I know of one instance were a
        guy fought for his regional fighting group. Lastly, in the majority
        of tourneys, you do not have to fight for anyone if that is your
        choice. I fought for quite a while for myself before I was asked to
        fight for someone. I even remember a tourney where she made an
        arrangement for me to fight for someone because the situation called
        for another to fight for her. I know of folks who ask fighters to
        fight for them for certian periods of time, an event, a particular
        battle, etc. I have actually seen a fighters consort ask another
        fighter to uphold her honor against her fighter for one fight as she
        felt her fighter had slighted her. He switched sides at a Pas d'Arms
        without her permission in order to even up the sides.

        William

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "ankashai"