Re: dog @ events (was: A couple of questions...)

  • Alison Choyce
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6 7:00 AM
      --- kateryncorbett <tchristensen@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone bring their dogs to events?

      I live in southern region East Kingdom. Read the event listing where you are at and if it says something to the effect of being pet friendly, then your dog will be welcome. Many people here have wonderful dogs that accompany them to events.

      Please remember though, that you may not be able to attend classes or do other activities unless you have made arrangements for your dog while you are involved. Some places do not allow the pet to be placed on a tie-out or in a crate, and left. Most places require that dogs be on a lead at all times.

      On the up side, bringing a dog is great way to meet people. They come over to see the dog and chat with you. And it's fun to dress the dog with collars that have period look.

      In service,
      Alison Wodehalle ;)

    • kateryncorbett
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6 4:48 PM
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Alison Choyce" <choyce@c...>
        wrote:
        "On the up side, bringing a dog is great way to meet people. They
        come over to see the dog and chat with you. And it's fun to dress
        the dog with collars that have period look."

        I was actually thinking of armour for her, she should be quite the
        sight when I have her all decked out ;)

        Depending on the time frame, she would have been anything from a war
        dog to a gift for a king in a distant land. There are pictures of a
        king of spain's children with an English Mastiff that was given to
        him from I believe one of the Richard's. Still researching...

        Thanks to everyone for answering my question. This is a great place!
        :)