Re: [SCA Newcomers] A question I have.

  • Susan Farmer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2004
      > In a message dated 1/31/2004 7:01:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      > scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >
      > <<I'd love to get my AOA but I doubt I will ever figure out what
      > that actually takes.>>

      Please understand that my comments ar not directed at you personally.
      I have known individuals who were in it for the "Notice ME" factor
      and left quite disgruntled.

      Don't do stuff so that you can get an AOA -- that kind of effort can
      be obvious sometimes. Do stuff because you enjoy it -- or because
      you see a taks that needs doing -- or because you Know Something
      (a lady asked me to teach her to embroider) that someone else
      wants to know and share that knowledge.

      Doing "stuff" for the sole purpose of getting noticed is rarely
      productive.

      Jerusha
    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
        On Saturday 31 January 2004 09:45, bronwynmgn@... wrote:
        > Anybody
        > can write a letter to the crown recommending that someone be given one, so
        > getting to know people is an important part of getting the award.

        Good point. I might add that (at least in most kingdoms) you do not have to
        *have* an award in order to *recommend* someone for it. In most kingdoms,
        anyone can recommend anyone else for any award.

        fesswise reversed sable.