RE: [SCA Newcomers] Jumping in

  • Doug Gintaras
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 14, 2004
      YES! Being a knight's marshal myself that is an excellent idea. We're always
      on the look out for new fighters. Are you referring to the Barony of
      Jaravellier in Madison, WI? I know some of the fighters up there.

      ~Gintaras Tauras, C.R.C.~
      Midrealm
      Midlands
      Ravenslake

      >From: "smp_rutabaga" <shawnp@...>
      >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Jumping in
      >Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 06:55:20 -0000
      >
      >Greetings,
      > I am returning to the SCA after about, oh I'd say a 13
      >year absence. I currently live in Jaravier Barony and would like to
      >get back in the fighting. I've scouted out the website and know a
      >bit about it and marked the site of the practices but feel funny
      >about just showing up to check it out. Anyone have advice on how to
      >get started. Friendly email to the Knight Marshall perhaps?
      >Thanks :)
      >Shawn

    • Dave Overton
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 14, 2004
        I was in the same situation just a couple of months
        ago. In the Middle Kingdom though. I just showed up.
        People were very friendly, helpful and inviting.
        Dave